Wednesday, August 25, 2004
Fingernail time...
This morning I turn on WebTV, and it connects to the ISP. Then lo and
behold - There's an update available for our terminal! Ok.. whatever,
let's do the update. I hate updates.
I tell the terminal to go ahead and do it. So it begins... gets to
somewhere around Part 10 and loses carrier. OMG~!! NO!!
So, ok, anywho, I check the phone connection here, and then get it going
again. I watch it dial out... It's connecting through our ISP.
Previously updates were done through WebTV's toll free number and came
directly from their computers. Or at least that's how it seemed.
So finally, it gets Part 16, and it's done. I have it connect. It dials
the ISP, does something, then it starts over again dialing toll free
with the service, then dials again connecting to the ISP and voila. It's
up again.
Question: When it dropped carrier at part 10, why couldn't it just
re-start with Part 10 and finish from there? It knew where it was when
it stopped... And why not get the update off the toll free number? I
don't know why it lost the connection at all.
Still a little shaken up... I don't see anything different, and the
email the main account got said you wouldn't. Just one of these times
they should make the browser signature reflect as Internet Explorer 5.0
or something to keep snobby webpages from dumping the terminal off.
No comments:
Post a Comment