Friday, August 20, 2004

second try: bounced - So Anywho...


Actually, the last 3 attempts to post finally bounced... Grrr..

It's been a while since I put anything up. Been busy, been getting over
whatever invaded my sinuses. Odd smell and flavor when I blew my nose or
coughed up stuff and spit it out. At least I hope the worst is over.
It's almost like the thing I'd get when school started back up in the
fall. I'd have a raging nose infestation of snot, then it'd clear out
completely with one good nose unload and it'd be over and it wouldn't
come back the rest of the year... A nose unload would be blowing my nose
into paper towels or whatever and a huge big glob of snot would come out
all at once. It sounds more gross than the relief it brings when it
finally decides to leave.

Been storming like crazy (again!!). I don't try to get email when it
storms.

Wednesday night I'm trying to do stuff and we get a phone call. As it
turned out, it was my older sister on her cell phone (with crappy
Verizon reception there), and she's on the phone apparently trying to do
something on the net with some teenaged girl, I imagine she's still
staying with that one guy she met some time ago, and he's got his
daughter with him. Anywho, since my sister figures what they're trying
to do could somehow be helped with something from me, she asks to talk
to me... (some nerve - but that's beside the point). So anywho, she says
they're doing some sort of RPG thingy online, but she doesn't know what
RPG means (role playing game, in this case - in computer terms, it's a
programming language called Report Program Generator ^.^), and they need
a name. I suggest a couple like "Sakura" (it's taken), then Eisha (from
Outlaw Star), but the one that got a reaction from the girl was "Zakuro"
from Tokyo Mew Mew - "Oh!! I love that show!"

Interesting how she knows about that, even though later she says she
doesn't want to see it subtitled. My god the English dub is butchering
it, people MUST see Tokyo Mew Mew uncut and subbed!!! tonikaku, maybe
she's read the manga?
I had hoped to make some arrangements (she wanted to see some Sailor
Moon as well. ^_^) with her to send some tapes, and I told my sister to
give her my email address and we could do that.

Oh no.. She couldn't do that. She'd email me.

I know how anime fans are, rabid ones desperate for stuff, so it's best
I have a direct line to this girl, even though she's a teenager (I've
talked to many in email, and I see my role merely as a mentor - nothing
more), it's best she communicate directly to me, not filtered through
someone who doesn't "get it".

I was really insulted she wouldn't give my email address to the girl,
and her reaction over that made me feel like I was being depicted as
some pervert or the like. I am not, nor have I ever been, anyone like
that. I've got 3 nieces I try to love most of the time (except when
they're being nasty brats). This and that are the same thing.

Anywho, I don't know what's going to happen. I've yet to receive an
email from my sister about what this girl was asking me for, but I feel
it may not happen because when the girl found out I had Tokyo Mew Mew
episodes subtitled, she sorta made the comment she didn't want to see it
that way. But it's the only way I'll share it with people, because
that's the show people know, not some dubbed garbage. She was interested
in some Sailor Moon, so I've got that, except for the last episode which
I have raw... If I get the chance to send her something, I'll make sure
she finds my email address in some way. I have my methods.

No comments: