Saturday, August 07, 2004
Phone line troubles
I don't know what's been going on with the phone line lately, but when
mom finally called the company to see what's up, the person at the other
end ran a check and somehow their system determined the problem to be at
our end.
We've had a rather annoying and unusual amount of static on the line
lately. This plays heck with modems and computers. So anywho, I come
back from getting my stuff and go out to check the box, after leaving
only the cordless phone on the line, unplugging the Dish Network box,
and I hear static still. So I open the big box - it's the box installed
when Grandpa had Primestar. Why's this still here? Anywho, I check out
the little box next to it - that's the phone company box. Ah. This needs
replaced. Anywho, I do what minor fiddling I know to do safely since
voltage does run through those wires. Put the cover back on, check the
cordless again.
^_^ Clear as it used to be. Minimal background static, as it should be.
Yeah, it's the box, not inside the house like that one person said it
likely was.
Mom gets on with her 'puter and does what she can, since for some reason
the dialup networking keeps freezing. Going to have to figure that out.
So I go downstairs and check that hookup. Clear, too.
And so I do this. ^_-
No comments:
Post a Comment