sit around to warm up from being outside. Jeez, the last week or so has
been darn cold, or at least cooler than it really should be around this
time of year. I really hope this doesn't mean another 10 below Zero kind
of winter. OH SH....
Anywho, I get upstairs, open up the P4 case, and into the slot the sound
card was, goes in the USB card. NEC Chipset and all.
Power it up, and XP finds the card! And seems to like it very well. The
CD that came with it has drivers for Windows 98 so I don't even need it.
I begin attaching devices to it. The little $10 digital camera still
doesn't seem to work well as a PC web camera. Oh well, let's get to the
high speed video capture box. That installs easily and it WORKS. OMG.
Plug in a thumbdrive, no complaints that it could run faster! Plug in my
external hard drives. Seagate comes up fast! Plug in the Maxtor - it
doesn't give me delayed write errors. Wooo!!!
Now to get the DVD burner and keep looking for 16G thumb drives.
This card has an internal USB port. I could probably put the 16G drive
on that. I'll have to see if it doesn't cause problems. Too bad I can't
reconnect the front panel USB ports to that internal one. They're good
for game controllers anyway.
ANY time you run into a system with No or Slow USB ports, get a 2.0
card. I could have easily wasted $35 at Best Buy but instead got this $5
card that does the job. Cheap but still high quality!
No comments:
Post a Comment