I look at the shopping list and the meal plan my mom wrote last week. All those meals she was looking forward to enjoying. Then I look in the fridge, and there's all those quart containers of hand made saurkraut made at the Algonqiun Mill Festival a couple weeks ago. Then as I put a bag of trash from the clothes hamper she had near her bed in the trash outside, there's the pizza box from Friday (or was it Thursday?). Her last pizza.
Then there's that stupid ball on a rope tied to the pole that she bought for some reason, thinking my nieces would go out to play with it. I probably should bring that ball and rope in.
She was looking forward to getting her other cataract operation over with so she could see without glasses for the first time in over 40 years.
We got done today making arrangements for services and payments with the funeral home. At least we also know now who to go to and have my grandfather's DOD engraved on his marker.
I called her Uncle Wilbur's family suddenly having his name come to mind. His wife answered and thanked me for letting them know ahead of the notice appearing on the local cable channel for such notices. We still have her sister, currently on vacation, to get ahold of. I'd like her notice to appear in 2 papers at least.
These are the kind of things nobody should have to deal with but will have to at some point.
Mom, I got your air conditioner out of the window last night. I'm taking care of Melody for you. We were simply blessed that my best friend's parents found her and she made her way to us after Ariel died.
There will be a coroner's report. No autopsy. We'll have to figure out who to contact in regard to getting a copy of the report. They did the usual lab and blood work. Mom will like that. She's always want to do blood work since graduating with a Medical Laboratory Technician's degree (Associate) in the early 1980s. Never got a chance to use her skills.
There will be some items we'll be selling since none of us really needs it. Mom certainly took advantage of being able to get the things she needed for her comfort. She went all out. Toilet riser. Hospital style side table. She needed the CPAP, but at least got things like lights and such.
She was house bound and her entire life was getting on Pogo, other online stuff and shopping... Oh yeah, I was up all night getting through a lot of that crap. Ugh. She got a credit card somehow, and naturally fell behind trying to pay it off, and due to late charges, got a 29.99% APR. Last statement I see here has that on it.
I managed to get into most of her important accounts (utilities, financial (paypal)) as well as some for websites that for some stupid reason she paid for a membership. Some had auto-renew memberships. I turned those off NOW.
I've been awake since Thursday morning, not a wink of sleep. I might eventually get some. Melody is sleeping and snoring on the bed. At least we'll get back the pillow(s) that went with mom the other day.
I wonder when we'll eventually find the box for her other walker basket that we thought got lost?
Well, it's 12:30 and I don't think her aid is coming today, so the lady got my message.
Ironic how her ordered ink cartridges arrived the day after she passed away. I was able to cancel 3 unshipped books from Amazon.
At least she got to see me pass my CompTIA A+ exams, even if the certificate isn't here yet. I'd have really liked to have her see that.
She liked fishing. I don't know why. Her favorite photo is from one trip to Lake Erie with my grandfather and best friend. You can't see either in the photo of The Big Catch because one isn't in the shot, and the other is on the deck of the boat, seasick. ^_^
I'm starting to feel tired. Ah good. I'll get some rest. I've got so much yet to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment