Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Taking it day by day

So anywho, I was out and about yesterday. One bit of good fortune is
checking out the Alliance Big Lots and stumbled upon Shuffle disk 3.
There were 3 DVDs in the set I needed, but wasn't sure if it was 3 or 4.
I get home and check one blog posting. I needed 3 and 4, with Shuffle #2
being the one I bought at another Big Lots a couple weeks ago. But
nothing else jumped out at me as needing bought. I hope Myers and Myers
got their xxxHolic DVDs they might have wanted. But at least I have only
1 more Shuffle DVD to find.

I had tried to put an automatic timer on mom's bedside reading light,
but the mechanism inside stopped working right. I was trying to set up a
bit of normalcy with the timer. I can't find the other one I got when we
moved out of my grandparents' house. They used a few on lamps when they
went away on vacations. I'd like to get another timer and pay less than
$7 for it.

I also began using the TV's sleep timer and automatic On timer. The
sleep timer at least gives me some noise in the evening as I go
upstairs, and it shuts off like mom would do when I went to bed. She'd
watch CNN for a while, then go to reading her books. I have the Auto On
timer set at 8:30 in the morning and it worked fine yesterday. Only
today it came on at 8:30 am alright, but when I got down there a bit
later (9 am) the TV was off!

I hadn't noticed it had switched back off before I got there. I didn't
turn it off. I'm not sure what would cause that. It would be neat if it
happened again.

Today I conducted some of my business that I needed to do. I got the
statement from the credit union that I'll need to take to a Time Warner
office to get them to haul out the required forms so they can refund the
2nd $71.85 that came through when I hadn't realized mom had paid the
bill already. Both that and the phone bill payment that cleared after
she died. Time Warner sure is happy to take your money, but getting it
back they're assholes about it and make it difficult. They can't just
push one button and it's done.

Geez, these places sure jump on you when they want their stuff back. The
people with Lifeline called yesterday to get their phone back on
Thursday. Give me some time to grieve already.


Ponyo is scheduled to come out on DVD in March 2010. Why Dizzney is
missing the holiday season with it is beyond me.

No comments: