plastics company back in 1995 for perfect attendance. The last time I
had checked its value was December 2007 which was $40.90.
According to the info, it takes 30 years for EE U.S. Savings Bonds to
mature. Mom would have to have lived until she was 81 to collect the
full face value of this bond.
Sadly, she fell short by 16 years.
I'm still in shock. I want her to be coming back through the door at any
moment, her daily aides coming in to help her with stuff. I find myself
thinking about something, wanting my mom to be there and I'm just
blubbering. I can't help it.
My Mom isn't supposed to die. It's supposed to be someone else's. Oh
wait, someone else's mom had already died. It was our turn this time.
It doesn't seem fair. I wish she had asked me to take her to the ER
somewhere. There was a time window if she had gotten the right help,
where maybe she'd still be alive, or she could have still died at a
hospital.
...
My younger sister just now called while I was typing this - someone from
her church found out what had happened, called the funeral home - and
will be coming down with a check to cover my mom's funeral expenses.
That made my cry even harder.
I have GOT to get some rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment