I will be able to finish my 2nd Bunny Makoto figure kit after all. She's supposed to get these fishnet stockings on her legs and the kit came with some material for making these. Only thing is I don't know how to make them without a pattern, and I don't know how to do that in general.
So I decided to check the dolls I've collected over the years and sure enough, I found a doll with fishnet stockings that work on my kit's legs! In case you're wondering, it's the Schoolgirl Britney Spears doll. I may replace those with the customary Loose Socks at some point, but I don't typically have a doll like that on display, and the fishnets look better on a work of art.
My problems on using them include painting the parts and coating with a clear coat so when I put the stockings on, the paint isn't rubbed off. Then figuring out what to drill to add pins to hold the shoes on her feet, and finally how to keep the stockings on around the hip of each leg as they get superglued on the rest of the body.
I don't have to wait anymore. I was kinda hoping to find a doll sewing pattern for making these things, but all I managed to turn up from a short search were places selling pantyhose accessories for 12 inch fashion dolls.
Re: The Car dropping dead
Even after tightening the bolts for the wires, I still had the episode of the car dropping dead when trying to start it today when I went to get the Sunday paper. Only this time it came back to life a few times (still refused to start though) before I went and popped the hood to check the battery and all and only then did it start. My brother in law thinks it could be a loose wire to the starter or a dirty connection somehow somewhere. After I looked at things again, it could be the positive terminal shorting by touching the inside of the front hood as well. The red rubber cover for the positive terminal has cracked. I don't know when this happened. So I'm going to see about insulating that terminal better tomorrow. I did try his suggested cleaning of the wires and terminals with water and baking soda though. If it's a loose wire, I hope it won't cost much to have it tended to.
At least I have AAA Gold membership.
2 comments:
"If it's a loose wire, I hope it won't cost much to have it tended to."
It only cost me about $30 to have a similar problem dealt with on my Escort. ;D
As it turned out, the ground to the battery was loose. $5 later my problem is solved.
Post a Comment