Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Long John Silver's in Alliance, OH is OUTTA HERE!!

All you selfish people in Alliance - You will have No More Free Food from LJS. They apparently and finally got wise to your scamming ways. Much of my existence, from the time the store had opened until the time I was fired is chronicled earlier on this blog and here. 10 and a half years to the day, literally, I suffered at the hands of customers, and management from time to time as well. Some of the people I worked with were decent people and worked as hard as I did, but to my credit, I worked harder than most. This was a job that at times was kind to me (easy enough to get time off for going to Anime North), and at times was cruel (was still making under $6 an hour after all that time and no paid vacations!) as well as the stupid customers that we all had to deal with. It was that page that for some reason I still don't know how, but corporate LJS found and decided to filter a communication of sorts down to the franchise and the very store and they demanded I be fired, never mind that they didn't sign my paychecks! It shouldn't have been up to them at all - my manager at the time knew how hard I worked and how many times we scored 100% on quality because I was the day time chef. I want to take credit that I was ahead of the times - I was the first person I know of who was fired for having a page (before there were blogs even!) griping about the crap at work.

If I had known how Gordon Ramsey had handled complaining customers, I'd have had more pride in my work, but seeing as how I have Asperger's, it's amazing I had that job as long as I did. I had nothing else. I couldn't think of doing anything else even though I have a good background in computers, now qualified with my CompTIA A+ certification.



In this first image a friend sent me, you can see how all the signage and any outside decoration has been removed. At one point, while I was there, they had been offering Rax sandwiches. Soon after I left, they dropped it. I wonder why. Also I had a friend who still worked there, and they drummed up some bunch of bullshit lies and used it as their excuse to fire her. She was fired because they didn't like her. Plain and simple.
As the image caption shows, the drive through sign has been cut off and removed. Please see my page of stories about how that drive through lane was the bane of the store.
The drive through window and related signage has been removed. The store had undergone some remodelling a while back. The ceiling was painted black, and a self serve pop machine had been installed.
And finally, the road sign has been reduced to a stump. I think this is a sure sign the store ain't open anymore.

Congrats everyone. I'm not sorry the store's gone. I feel sorry if anyone lost their jobs though. Kinda interesting that the store closed 5 years after I was fired from there. I think the lease ran out and Performance Foods, the owner of the franchise store, didn't want to renew it.

No comments: