Saturday, November 14, 2009

Things this week

Having a few of those solar-power charged LEDs, I notice that when it's been a sunny day, my lights are nice and bright like they got a nice charge. Not only that, but I notice all around when other people's lights also got a nice charge and are nice and bright. I see them all around, even in one cemetary nearby, especially when they're nice and bright.

After a few weeks, yesterday I came to realize that Mom was pretty much bored being house-bound here. I don't know why we didn't like ask my younger sister to borrow her van and once a week or something and take my mother out with her power chair thingy and do something like eat out or go to a movie, at least before she had to be on oxygen all the time. I'm sad to realize now that it's a lost opportunity.

Which explains why mom spent so much time online with Pogo and her email. She read a lot because you can watch TV only so much before you realize that after seeing programs you kinda like, there's not much else on.

I've also come to realize and understand that in some anime episodes where there are people working on their own cars (Miyuki in Taihou shichauzo, for example) almost all the time. They're making sure the right bolts are tight and that it's always ready to go.

That's because last night I went to visit a friend (he treated me to dinner) and I brought over my DVD of The Rockafire Explosion documentary. Only after I helped him with a tricky printer part I went out to start up the car and it just dropped dead. No lights or anything, even when I had my Open Door light lit up. So I popped the hood, jostled the battery, and it started right up. I was uneasy for the rest of the evening, barely enjoying the latest Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel. I would have to wait until morning to find out what was going on, but from experience, it would involve some connection to the battery.

As I checked the battery after it got suitably warm enough, I see that the bolts to the positive terminal that hold the wires on are loose! So I get my wrachet handle and socket and tighten all the bolts on both terminals that hold the wires. This could explain the recent cold morning starts, but I don't excuse the battery entirely. It still doesn't like winter temps. But the car started no problem, and after losing power, my check engine light is out again. (niko niko)

1 comment:

correllian44601 said...

The battery terminal thing makes perfect sense. In essence, that's what was wrong with my car that time we had to have it towed to the shop because it wouldn't start. Not a loose terminal per se, but a bad/broken one.