Finally cooked that kick-ass macaroni and cheese I had planned to do a couple of weeks ago. Had some of the New York White Cheddar that Aldi's has been offering lately and put some in.
Conducted some business of paying a few bills today after cashing my check. I couldn't figure out how to log into the account for the electric bill so I just sent something along with a note so they can send paper bills in the mail again.
Also left the computer running during a download that would take a while after I started it with the plans to be back just as it would finish. As it turned out, I got back just in time to see the computer finish reloading after restarting for some reason. My file finished downloading, but I have no idea why the computer would restart about 7 minutes later. I found one page that 'credited' the use of Firefox for this phenomena, but I'm not so sure. I hope the RAM isn't going bad, but then I've had it on for hours without a problem, so I have no idea what to check and find out what's going on. I certainly hope it's not the power supply. I can replace it, but having to buy one is going to be a bitch.
I don't have a download manager or accelerator in use that would contribute to XP restarting, and all other bits I found to check do not indicate there was an error that required a system restart. There's likely something else I've not checked yet, if only I knew what to check. Firefox dutifully restored my tabs when I asked it to come back into memory. (shrug)
Edit: I found out around 3 pm today that it was the wind blowing the power lines around that caused a hiccup in the electricity, as I saw a light flicker and the answering machine beep right then and the computer rebooted. So after the computer came back up, I shut it down and waited for the winds to stop. I had another hiccup around 3:50 pm, so I was glad I shut things down and waited. I checked the hard drive for errors and all seems well.
No comments:
Post a Comment