Monday, August 06, 2007

Da latest

Well, I have my withdrawal card from the union. I've begun filing for unemployment compensation but I don't know right now if it'll be approved right away or I have to appeal. I think that'll need cleared up.

I wrote a 2 page letter to the union appealing the decision to not pursue my situation, so perhaps it will be further looked into, since I can bring up any other issues that relate to my case.

I've filled out lots of job apps. Nobody's called me back on any of them. Maybe I should call them? Dammit.

When they ask for reason why I left LJS, I put down "desired a less stressful environment." The reason for leaving Big Bird, I put "desired a return to food service."

Rite Aid, in the same plaza as Big Bird, is looking for a full time cashier. That would be sweet. I'd be visible in the same building and pRick couldn't do anything about it. But they ask if I've ever been dismissed or forced to resign. I was dismissed before my probationary period was up at Fisher's Big Wheel because I couldn't work with one other guy and unload the trucks fast enough. I guess that counts, but if I don't list it as one of my thingies in employment history, I think they'll ask why it's not there, and I guess my answer would be it was over 10 years ago.

Hmm...

I applied at the nursing home where my sister works, but unless her boss lady gets enough balls to get rid of one lady who's been milking the clock, as my sister puts it, then I'm still waiting for too long for that call. My sister says I'd have to get a physical (I hate them), a TB test (I don't have it and one test in Jr. High I basically avoided because I hate tests where stuff is injected into you - just something creepy and wrong with that), and something else. And for some stupid reason, I'd have to wear scrubs. Uh... Altman Hospital has an online job app site, but they ask if I've ever been fired. Online info I found doesn't indicate that they can't ask that, and advice people have left says to answer truthfully. I'm not sure what reason to put.

Big Wheel - couldn't work fast enough
LJS - ???
Big Bird - buying the wrong item at the wrong time

Some people say to write "ask me to explain".

My friends who still unfortunately work there are not spending their money in the store anymore for fear what happened to me will happen to them. As long as it doesn't line pRick's pockets. Mom's psychiatrist (or whatever she is) says she's very familiar with Asperger's. Mom just happened to ask out of the blue. The doctor rattled off a list of stuff and Mom seemed to think it described me well, and that I was probably born with Asperger's, which means I got it from my dad, and he's a real jerk. So there's possible talk to set up an appointment for possible evaluation. And then there was talk of possible "prescribing" of medications. She can prescribe whatever she wants, I ain't taking it. I will refuse because I don't need medication for anything mental. I don't believe in in it because I'm not experiencing anything that needs medication. I'm not a crazy person like one lady friends have told me about. But if the evaluation goes the way we're expecting, at least there's SSI or whatever I'd get.

Gee, if only they hadn't changed the rules, otherwise I could look forward to a several thousand dollar award, like my dad got. For his "mental impairment" of whatever, he got a check for a cool $10K when he filed. Promised each of his kids $1K each, but me and my sisters had to call him on the phone at his new personal 800 number to beg for it. While his kids with his 2nd wife didn't. Messed up, ne? I never saw any of the promised money, either. I could use it now!!!

I felt good about Subway when I applied there. "We're Rolling" Pretzel company was hiring and I applied there. Panera Bread was hiring and I applied there, but they actually gave me an estimated amount of time before I could expect a call.

I guess things are more stringent now. Consumer reports? Background checks? !!! What does my credit score have to do with being able to work? That's stupid and unfair.

I am so bored.

Tamagotchi V.4.5 has the star thingy attachment and looks like the UraTama a friend got for me from Yodobashi Camera in Tokyo. ^_^

Oh yeah, blurb: Comic Con announcement of sorts: Tokyopop licensed Mamotte Shugogetten manga. At least this time we'll likely get to see the entire run. Raijin got only 4 books out, with nearly 5 or 6 books worth of content in their magazine. I emailed Tokyopop about not making the same mistakes.

I recommended they look into "Bow Wow Wata" and when I email them again about Shugogetten, I'll ask them to look into Hanaukyou Maids manga.

No comments: