Sunday, August 26, 2007

Were those people raised in a barn??

OK. So we thought we had heard the last of that bunch associated with Morgan. Just after 5 pm tonight, I'm on the computer doing stuff and suddenly I hear this loud Thump! and shaking of the house. Then I hear another one... So I go outside. It's her brother Drew Delane, and with a friend. He's after his futon sofa. Apparently it's his. Apparently, she's also taken stuff from him. Apparently, she owes him over $400 on a bank card.

Lies she told him:

That he still had plenty of time to get his stuff because the eviction wasn't final yet. I have a writ that says it is.

She claimed the reason the electric wasn't turned out of her name was because she arranged "a deal" with the landlord over tires that supposedly were punctured. There was no such deal. It was in the lease that she is to change it into her name.

Then he went on something about the place not having a roof for 2 months. Uhmm It's none of his business nor does the roof affect the apartment she was in, but it was pretty much finished soon after she moved in. It wasn't 2 months. More like 1 month or 3 weeks. Whichever.

Then he went on about the upstairs apartment not being suitable to rent because of black mold. Well, I've been in there and I don't see black mold, but again it's none of his business and it doesn't affect the downstairs apartment!! He's never been in there!

What right did he have to attempt to kick in the front door to that apartment just because something of his was in there? NONE! Her brother came close to being charged with breaking and entering property he does not own. I got out my Writ to show them the eviction was final. I didn't have to give them access to the apartment, but the landlord didn't want the sofa futon. I did ask again about the missing fridge, and again he claimed he knew nothing of it. I mentioned again that she owes over $1,600. We're beginning to think that she tried to show up at the hearing so she could dispute how much she owes. That first hearing was just to get her the hell out.

Even the judge said I could consider that futon as abandoned. But I was nice enough to unlock the door and let him claim his property. The fridge is still stolen. Why she would have that removed is beyond me. I hope this is the absolute last we hear from those people. I predict
we'll be getting more trouble from them.

Though, tonight I was out on the back porch looking for the kitty that's been basically living here since M. moved in. I saw someone out on the road almost drive past, then stop and back up. The car looked familiar so I got up and ran inside. I guess they pretty much left or turned around? Hope so.

No comments: