Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Annoying frustration of Google image search

I don't know what's going on with Google's image search, but every so often I'll come up with a search term that brings about annoying behavior that I cannot figure out!!

OK. On the desktop, it's WinXP with all the latest updates. We have AVG and Norton for antivirus protection, possibly Spybot S&D in the background, and Norton Internet Security.

Most recent search term I used was the entire line, including quotes:

"car show" "sailor moon"

The first page comes up blank!! It'll have the Google stuff at the top and then the line of page numbers at the bottom but no results in between! This bodes badly. If I bring up page 2 of the results, I get stuff. Usually when one page of results comes up blank, others later on can sometimes behave the same way. "gamehotties" or the site URL in full also brings up similar behavior of Google image search - some pages are blank.

WebTV NEVER has this problem!!! By comparison!

This behavior on the desktop occurs in BOTH Internet Exploder 6 and Firefox 1.whatever it is. (I have the install for FF 2 but haven't run it yet.)

I don't think I've ever had a problem with Google Image search when I used Internet Exploder 4 on the Win95 laptop.

ARGH! I hate knowing something could be filtering and or blocking my content for absolutely no reason at all other than it's trying to piss me off. A good thing I still use WebTV.

No comments: