Sunday, September 19, 2004

So anywho I goes to Lowe's...


And I buy this $4 tube of Dry Lok water proofing seal stuff. I borrowed
a caulking gun from a friend (remember to return it) and this past
Wednesday, I got it into the crack at the base of the wall with the
floor on 2 walls where I think it leaked when the rain from Frances went
through. I have no idea how effective it will be since the rain from
Ivan didn't really stay as long. But as long as no more water leaks into
the basement, I'll be happy with the $4 investment. This is something
that should have been done a long time ago...

The dishwasher got a replacement, and with water leaking out of the unit
as my bro in law installed it, apparently tested before shipping. I ran
a load in it last night and the dial ie Timer was working right.

Unfortunately, the U bend at the bottom of the drain is about as old as
the house and rotted through, so that has to be replaced...

No comments: