remember right, Mom had my younger sister buy some saurkraut at the
Algonquin Mill festival. It's hand made and very good. Mom handed her a
$20 bill and 8 containers came back, if I remember right. Usually she
just has her buy 4, which is more than plenty.
Yesterday around 9 am, I put in 2 of the containers and a pork loin in
the Crock pot, along with most of a can of applesauce. Of course, I just
left it alone and it cooked all day until Midnight. In the last hour or
so, I boiled some potatoes to make mashed, and put in some Cheddar
bratwurst to cook in the crock pot because I happen to like Cheddar
bratwurst.
It turned out as Mom liked it. Not too sour or salty. The right balance
of flavors. Even reheated today, it's good.
It's not fair she's not here to enjoy the saurkraut she bought. She ate
most of that whenever it got made anyway. But I didn't peel the potatoes
for the mashed part, and that would have annoyed her. The best and most
nutritious part of the potato is the peel, darn it!
I miss her nagging me about stuff. I probably have a lot of guilt that I
have to deal with.
No comments:
Post a Comment