finally got an updated stable install with what I thought I wanted on
there but had to reconsider. Like I wanted to put back on it Norton
Internet Security 2004 and the associated Antivirus (you can't just have
one) but it kept conflicting with AVG Free, so out went Norton with its
removal utility. Then an attempt to put in a free Personal Firewall met
with no success after removing it (incomplete install anyway) and I
don't know why I didn't go with Comodo's free firewall because I've used
it on friends' computers with much success. Which is what I ended up
doing.
With the problems, I kept getting Stop Errors which never happened on my
mother's computer, or at least extremely rarely. Now I know it's
possibly from conflicting resources or drivers.
And Windows Updates help a lot, too. I also found out there was a new
video driver for the motherboard, as well as a 2007 updated driver for
the network controller!! That made me mad I didn't know about checking
that sooner. Maybe it won't drop Road Runner like it used to.
No comments:
Post a Comment