I don't know what the problem is. In a way, the new hard drive sorta acted like the old one, but it did format under XP Setup. The problem now is that the copying of files from the install CD to the hard drive is taking way too long. Already I had one prompt of some file that didn't copy and had to retry. Maybe the CD ROM drive is wanting to act up? We've always had a problem with it. I think I have the one that came out of the Win98 box. All I know is that it shouldn't take this long to copy XP setup files to the hard drive. I really do not know what's going on, if a setting in the BIOS got changed somehow or something went bad on the motherboard. GRRR....
Additional: I pulled the HD out and set the jumper to Master. I also grabbed my new Toshiba Super WriteMaster DVD burner and installed that and am using it in place of the CD burner. Setup is going much faster!
OMG! It booted and is continuing the install!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment