year, we found 5 Japanese music CDs on the floor at the parking garage
at Dragon City and were completely a mystery except for some of the
markings on the CDs.
One person correctly identified HIRO's Brilliant CD.
One marked Da Pump had a few tracks identified by a friend.
Morning Musume - only track I know is #6 on the CD, Koi no Dance Site
after seeing it used in part of a music video featuring Digi Charat
clips.
There's a complete mystery CD as the 5th one, no markings at all. No
Idea. I finally loaded a bunch of them on an MP3 player, and hope to
find a resource of lyrics - like I did for the entire Koyanagi Yuki CD!
Well, Track 6 is in English, and all I can figure out is it's a cover of
Air Supply's "Without You."
The rest of the tracks are off her Expansion and Freedom (with singles)
CDs. (sorry about double spacing them but it's hard to tell if the
formatting I have in email is going to be retained when posted.)
CD Track 1 - Aijou - Expansion #5
CD 2 - Feel the Destiny - Expansion #1
CD 3 - Be Alive - Expansion #11
CD 4 - Can't Hold Me Back - Expansion #8
CD 5 - A Gap of Heart - Freedom #8
CD 6 - "Without You" - don't know which album yet
CD 7 - I don't Wanna Be Crazy - Freedom #7
CD 8 - Infinity - Freedom #9
CD 9 - Legend of My Love - Expansion #2
CD 10 - Melodies - Freedom #4
CD 11 - Orange Love - Freedom #2
CD 12 - Prove My Heart - Expansion #6
CD 13 - Shinin' Day - Freedom #6
CD 14 - anata no KISU w(o) kazoemashou - This one is either Freedom #1
or #12 the Opus II version. I don't know how to tell which version this
is, except that it's 7:44 long.
tonikaku...
So I did a little sleuthing with the lyrics from the 18 tracks on my
mystery CD, trying to listen to the song and see if I can pull out a
phrase that when I romanize it the way I know how in the generally
accepted method, google it and see what comes up.
Problem is even if I think I am romanizing what I hear, two problems
happen. I may not be hearing the words right, and even when I do, the
data against which the searches happen may not be spelled right anyway.
Anyone who knows for sure, let me know if I get any artist names right,
and offer possibly album / track / year info as well. One thing I do
realize is that when someone makes a song popular, a load of other
artists will cover the same song, as was the case with a Chinese pop
song I discovered called "lao shu ai da mi" which if I had remembered
that right translated roughly to "The old mouse loves big rice," the
kanji of which were on a 25 cent cell phone charm sold in a
gachapon-type bubble machine where I used to work.
Let's see... (I think I got 10 out of 18 in case you were wondering.)
Track 1 - I don't think I was able to pick anything out yet. I will try
again soon.
No.2 - This turned out to be called "Olivia w(o) kiki nagara" possibly
by ANRI.
No.3 - "omoide ga ippai" by H2O and it's not the Ranma 1/2 song either.
This one sounds like it was recorded from a speaker playing the song, so
it's crap.
No.4 - I don't know yet. This might be one of those where they sing too
fast for my skill level.
No.5 - "Matsu wa" by Chiyo
No.6 - "Haru na no ni" by Showta
No.7 - I don't know yet. Snippets of the lyric include "mou sugu haru
desu", "suteki na koi wa shimashou."
I guess if someone hasn't romanized it yet or correctly, I can't find it
from a web search.
No.8 - "Ihoujin" by Acid Black Cherry (?)
No.9 - Shiroi Parasoru aka "White Parasol" by Seiko Matsuda from the
album "Kaze Tachinu".
No.10 - "FUREAI" - no idea on the singer. This is a guitar piece with a
male vocalist. Might be on Youtube.
No. 11 - I don't know yet.
No. 12 - "moshimo Piano ga hiketa nara" I am not sure of the artist's
name. Itsuki Hiroshi or Toshiyuki Nishida?
No. 13 - Argh! This one is nice, possibly a female duo. First words I
hear are probably "Wedding Veil" or "Wedding Bell". It's fast so I have
trouble picking out enough for one line of lyric. I try to find enough
to make it a unique search and probably get a hit on google.
No. 14 - Don't know, male vocalist. The first line of the song goes
"niji no machi no hi wa futari mite ita" Something like The day of the
rainbow (of the town?) we saw it. (don't have my PDA out)
No. 15 - Don't know. Has the words "minato no sakamichi" in the lyric. I
will try again sometime.
No. 16 - "Kuchibiru yo, atsuku kimi w(o) katare" by Watanabe Machiko.
No. 17 - "Mayoi Michi" by Watanabe Machiko
No. 18 - Don't know. Lyric snippets include "yasashii hito ne" "anata de
hito wa mirai furi" I think. No hits on any of that.
I find that you have to be very specific on a piece of lyric since some
phrases are widely popular or frequently used, like "genzai kako mirai."
and when that happens you get a lot of search results.
I just thought of something like including the snippets of the lyrics
that I figured out that led to my search results being fruitful. Oh
well. I'm tired, so gomen nasai.
I hope to compile the lyric results into a small booklet thingy to tuck
in with this mystery CD.
No comments:
Post a Comment