Sunday, February 15, 2009

Why am I up this late with a few rants?

I guess from time to time I'm going to rant on stupid commercials.

DirecTV (which thankfully gives us the Cleveland Locals feed instead of
Youngstown which Dish Network was going to force on us in spite of still
being in the same damn zip code) has one that annoys me to no end. 3
guys on a couch. Trying to watch a football game. The middle guy has
cable, while it took me a while to figure out his friends on either side
have DirecTV and are annoying him while the game plays on in the
background, belittling him about still being a cable subscriber.

What does it matter how he gets the signal into his TV? The arguments
fail epically. I mute that SOB commercial anymore.


Another commercial that deserves a big fist in the face is one for
Campbell's Chunky Soup. It's being eaten by a football player. But he
can't just eat it like we do. He has to blatantly open his big mouth so
wide we can see the dude's molars. AND I MEAN WIDE OPEN! Nobody freaking
eats soup like that, nobody needs to open their damn mouth that wide
just to shove a spoonful of Chunky soup in. I mean, WHY do we need to
see that? "Oh hey, better open that trap of yours as wide as you can,
because people might not see all that Chunky-soup goodness going in.
They won't believe it's actually _our product._" _I_ Don't eat like
that. Nobody does. It's rude and disgusting. I make sure NOT to have to
do that. Who is that in the commercial? Why can't we see him eating soup
normally? Is he trying to make sure he doesn't slop any of that on his
jersey? I mean, what's the deal? I just want to shove some brass
knuckles down his throat while his yap is wide open, and then kick the
director in the nuts for asking for such a performance.


Another organization that also needs an iron pipe to smack their
decision making area of their brains is the programming staff at WKSU.
They recently changed their Saturday programming schedule to put Wait
Wait Don't Tell Me on at 11 AM, and thereby shortening Whadyaknow to
only an hour at Noon. Then they added a show called "The Splendid Table"
on at 1 pm. That show annoys me a lot. I hate it. Sure, it's about food,
but the slogan is "The show for people who love to eat." Problem is I
don't like that show!! I've had to endure it for the last few weeks. I
don't care that much for it. I'd rather have 2 hours of Michael Feldman,
and then Wait Wait after it. Then put This American Life after that.
And Marketplace Money? Oh My GOD NO. I get enough bullsh!t about money
off CNN as it is. I HATE THAT SHOW, TOO. WKSU - ARE YOU LISTENING?? GIVE
ME BACK MY 2 HOURS OF FELDMAN'S SHOW DAMMIT!!

If I was any of the people who sent in money in support of the station,
I'd be angry right now and demand that I have my money back.

Car Talk is still on at 10 am. Sheesh, they know for sure not to screw
with that at least.


Note to Self: Find Hell Girl's website, post the names of Rick Seigal,
Debbie Laurie, and Ron Holiday and wait for the lulz. Epic Winrar!

No comments: