Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm officially done with this weather

I've had it. I don't know how much longer I can hold out. We had 2 days
of some nice warmth and melting going on. Ice cicles knocked off and
all. Then this past week we got a major dumping of snow. But it didn't
just come as snow, oh no. We got freezing rain. So now it's like this
outside...

Frozen ground. Anything ground level, like the puddles of water in our
driveway, is frozen solid. The freezing rain came in and as I was
finding out tonight, there's like an inch of frozen ice, a whole layer
on top of the ground. Then there's the layer of snow on top of that. But
I don't find out in that order. First you shovel the snow away, then
find out about the 1 inch thick layer of ice. I hurt my hands using some
implement of garden destruction trying to hack it away so I could at
least shovel it to the side.

It's been 3 days since I last went out, and I should have gotten more
water then. We're down to like 2 gallons of drinkable water. I have to
get out tomorrow or we're going to go nuts. The car still has a layer of
snow and probably ice on it. I have to try getting out.

I have to fax some things to BVR and I missed seeing my guy for things
Manga on Wednesday. ARGH!!!!!!

Good thing I don't have to go to work right now.

No comments: