Cooking panel: Mission Acomplished. It was very well received, with the Takoyaki and Taiyaki with chocolate Gnutella being a big hit. It took longer than I am used to when cooking these things with the little electric burner I used, so I barely got to doing the California sushi rolls when time ran out. I filled the 2 hours I was graciously and generously given. The Okonomiyaki was enjoyed but didn't get to cook up the entire batch I mixed up.
I'm hoping to be able to do another cooking panel, possibly with help, as well as a 2nd burner or an electric griddle for okonomiyaki. The only thing I didn't do was CURRY. Oh well. I guess it's better to be over prepared rather than have to strain and fill 2 hours of panel time with 30 minutes of content.
Got to see Adam again, though it was just a wave at the door. I wish he had come in to see the panel. Also got to see more of the Spatula crew that I miss.
The most interesting vendor in the dealers room is the one selling $1, $5, and $10 mystery goodie bags.
No comments:
Post a Comment