Saturday, September 11, 2010

An annoying aggravating inconvenience

I don't know what my sister is doing now. Apparently there's some GFI
outlet that needs to go in somewhere in the basement. Only thing is the
circuit that powers most of the downstairs (TV, computer, much of the
kitchen) she feels the need to switch off. Upstairs, the bathroom, one
outlet and some part of the kitchen (fridge) are on other circuits.

This means I can't watch TV or use the computer that's on that circuit
while it's off. I hope the router retains the settings.

Anywho, I've waited PATIENTLY for an HOUR. I don't think she planned
this out very well. I know you can install light fixtures and switch out
outlets without turning off the electricity. I've done it and it's
simple science. Just don't touch both wires at the same time. That's all
there is to it.

I don't know what she is doing. Most people, say if they're putting in
an entirely new outlet, usually get said outlet and box in place, run
the wire from the outlet, then if they need to, switch off the circuit
to connect the wires. Much less down time than what I'm putting up with
now.

It pisses me off over inconveniences like this. Yes, she told me that
she was going to do this, but all I thought it was some simple outlet
installation switch out or something. You don't need to turn off the
power. This is bad planning what she's doing now.

She knows I'm annoyed. It might not get her to finish any sooner, but
maybe in the future she'll consider others and plan better.

No comments: