Sunday, September 05, 2010

Came home early from Kitsunecon

After doing the cooking panel, I was really tired and in some pain, and
I also decided I had enough fun for the weekend so I came home early. I
was looking forward to Sunday Afternoon as my return window. As it is,
Kitsunecon is an anime convention waiting to be discovered and possibly
grow.

The dealers room needed more dealers and more variety. Asian Invasion
was cool being there. There was one other lady in another corner selling
all sorts of nice useful items and some cosplay. I think she made some
money. The Overpriced DVD guy made a sale, and he tends to show up
almost everywhere.

I had hoped to find some "I"s that I don't have or even Eiken books I
missed. I figured I spent enough and that wasn't going to change. I came
to do a good cooking panel at last and I accomplished that. If I get a
chance to do it again, I'll try to do only 2 things, maybe 3. Still, I
managed to make some food that was well received. All those who missed
it, too bad. I really should have taken some more Ibuprofen just before
the panel began. My organized preparation made it easy to get through
what I wanted to do.

As it turns out, coming home early was a good thing another way. My
younger sister who I asked to look after Melody, apparently unlocked the
deadbolt on the back door, so anyone who wanted access but not approved
by me while I was away could get in to the basement, for example, even
though there was access from outside already. The basement door was
unlocked from inside, too. Shows who I can trust. Both people I asked to
watch after our dog claimed allergies. I need to find someone else I can
trust who won't give access to people who don't freaking need it and
take advantage of when I'm away.

It's the principle of trust.

Anywho, Rant over for now. I'm sleeping in. I got a picture of that one
dealer with the DVDs to post. I managed to get a photo of only 1
cosplayer. And that Robert Axelrod who was supposed to appear? He may
very well do that for Sunday. I don't know. There were some other guests
who did appear, though. There were some last second changes made for
whatever reason. I hope they can find slightly bigger facilities and
better promotion. This was sort of like Anime North in its 2nd year.
Just don't grow too fast.

No comments: