Saturday, September 04, 2010

Kitsunecon Day 1

This is a little convention just waiting to be noticed. The people are nice, both staff and the few attendees I have spoken to, some who spoke to me first! There weren't many people present early on due to being on the edge of school starting up, but things got livelier at night, which was a good sign.

Other con attendees described one guy in the dealers' room as the Over priced Ferengi-nosed guy. He has several tubs of DVDs but has no clue how to price them so they'll sell. He's got Right Stuf and Amazon to compete with (maybe even eBay) as well as the occasional load found at Big Lots. That was my big anime score of the day - Tsubasa #1, Tokyo Godfathers, and 2 Trinity Blood DVDs I didn't already have - each $3.

I'm not sure of one dealer who might be called White Wolf Enterprises, but when the guy was setting up I saw he had Sailor Moon mugs in stock, and when I bought 2 (1 of each design) he charged me $20 each then later in the hotel room found a sticky with $12 on it in one mug. He might have taken advantage of the annoyance of people hovering around him while setting up.

Ate at Donato's that night which seemed kinda fitting.

No comments: