Saw a mention of it in rec.arts.anime.misc...
When someone said Kikiwai had closed, I was shocked, but a little not
surprised. Some of their stuff was overpriced.
http://kumai.wordpress.com/2009/01/17/kikiwai-toronto-closed-because-of-rodents/surprised. Some of their stuff was overpriced.
http://i42.tinypic.com/11jps0w.jpg
This page discusses this and the photo illustrates what they're talking
about, linked from that page.
about, linked from that page.
I shopped at that store during our Anime North stays from 1997 to 2006,
when we went to Chinatown in Toronto, and Chinatown Centre as well as
Dragon City. Though in those later years, Pacific Mall was really the
place to go. I bought quite a few nice anime goodies from Kikiwai, one
item bought from them over eBay.
when we went to Chinatown in Toronto, and Chinatown Centre as well as
Dragon City. Though in those later years, Pacific Mall was really the
place to go. I bought quite a few nice anime goodies from Kikiwai, one
item bought from them over eBay.
But to move the store to Hong Kong and not Pacific Mall at least??

Kikiwai is where I got this photo of a stainless steel reproduction "lunch kit" of Shampoo's Nekohanten takeout box from Ranma 1/2. They wanted $120 Canadian for it. I resisted taking out a credit card that year, and I still regret not buying it.
And I've not seen another like it! T.TUPDATE Nov 16, 2011: I finally landed on a Japanese Ranma 1/2 fan's blog and discovered this item is an "OKAMOCHI" or a Traditional Japanese food delivery box. As it turns out, this was a special release with a CD single, 5 tracks on it. So now this is known as the Nekohanten Okamochi. It's not stainless steel - there's balsa wood on the inside, and only thin aluminum on the outside. It's 30 cm H x 22 cm W x 25 cm deep.
No comments:
Post a Comment