Friday, August 21, 2009

I guess they were free for a reason. I can't imagine what that was.

So anywho certain varieties of Frosted Mini Wheats had this offer for
Free Movie DVDs from Fox and MGM. You collect 5 tokens you cut out and
the order form on the inside of the box, choose a movie (1 per order
form) and Kelloggs sends you a DVD. Only the choices were movies I
really didn't care for - I'd rather have a coupon for a movie from any
store or something. There were 4 sports selections (not interested) and
4 comedy / romance movies. I chose 2 of those that seemed like they
wouldn't be so bad even if I still really didn't care for them.

I sent that off back in June or July. They arrived today.

So I get them in the mail. I was expecting "oh wow" nice DVD movie cases
with inserts and all sorts of the usual. Instead I get cardstock
envelopes. With the movies inside each one. And the DVD is in an
envelope as well.

Problem here is the DVDs have suffered during their interment in the
envelopes. There was no soft protective liner for the data side so the
edges of the paper inside the envelopes upon which the disks touched
show signs of being touched. At least put the data side toward the front
or top side of the envelope where the flaps don't meet inside the packet
and can't touch the data side!

And there was some lint or dust already on the disks.

I got 'Benny and Joon' and 'A Walk in the Clouds' (with Keanu Reeves -
it can't suck that much with Keanu, can it??). I figured those were the
least suckiest movies they had to offer.

Kelloggs is nice in that they offer this sort of thing for people who
bother to do it. If I had saved all those tokens we had previously from
various sources, I might have been able to order 3 movies, but the
selection isn't that great. If I didn't see them when they were new,
what makes them think people will want to see them now if they haven't
already collected them?? A wider selection or at least something to
redeem at Best Buy would be better.

And if they must insist upon a limited selection, at least work it out
with the studios to provide not enveloped DVDs but instead a nice case
with a firm grip on the disks.

But hey, the cereal was good and with coupons and store discounts, it
was less than $1 a box. (I had that many coupons!)

No comments: