rare for that to happen. On one page for 3rd Party Billing was a listing
for $14.95 from Ideal Savings VM Monthly Fee, added July 4th. We do not
recall signing up for this service. So far in all our time this is only
the 2nd time some company tried to illegally slam charges on our phone
bill.
So I called the toll free number associated with Ideal Savings Voice
Mail and got some guy, probably from India (or in India) and spoke to
him. He tried to make it sound like we contacted them or accessed their
service in some way and signed up. I denied that. If we had signed up
for their service, how come we don't have any letters or documentation
explaining things? Or a number to call our so called voice mail service
and how to use it?
He tried to sell me on other services, I just cut him off by saying
we're not interested in anything, we're offended this happened. He
promised to cancel the service and gave me a confirmation code, and said
the refund would appear "in 1 or 2 billing cycles."
As soon as I got off the phone with him, I called our phone company and
put a 3rd Party Billing Block on our account. Seeing as they handle our
long distance as well, that solves that other problem. As long as the
refund from Ideal Savings comes through, they have done their job.
Examine your phone bill closely every month!
No comments:
Post a Comment