Sunday, July 05, 2009

My mom is an Addict

I really need to get my mom off Pogo.

It's 4:37 am. If it weren't for the fact that nature called and my Air
conditioner was making an odd sound, I would not have woken up to find
my mom on the computer, claiming she "couldn't sleep" so instead of
trying to go back to sleep, she's on the 'puter at this ungodly hour -
playing Pogo games.

This is just like the time during which she burned through $13,000
shopping on eBay in 2001 after she put her father in a nursing home the
previous november 2000, and then got injured on the job Jan 2001. The
$13K came from bank deposits withdrawn from my grandfather's accounts
which was primarily to be used to pay property taxes, utilities, etc on
his house, but instead she burned through it spending it on ... things
like pillowcases made from seed bags, for one useless example.

She would use any excuse to get on WebTV during that time to check on
her auctions - even during thunderstorms, times when she full well knew
she shouldn't be on the phone line.


And she'll still doing the spending of money. She bought some Shamwows
recently online. We don't need Shamwows. I like Vince the Shamwow Dude,
but we don't need Shamwows. She for some reason bought a few Michael
Jackson CDs. Admittedly, I was going to price a couple for myself, but
she just went ahead and ordered a couple from Amazon when it seems
they've replenished their stock.

Products like Shamwows were seen all over Rogers on Friday.

I have been an unwilling victim of my mom's indiscretionary activities
for the past 8 years. I yell at her until someone helps me drive home
the point or she finally gets it.

I don't need to see her on that damn computer at 4:37 AM again. There is
no reason for it.

HELP.

No comments: