Sunday, April 26, 2009

Seasonal rite of passage

Just got done with the first mowing of the lawn for the year, as well as
putting in the air conditioner for upstairs. For the past 3 days there
have been temperatures in the 80s and I canna stand it no more!

I don't dare turn on my computers when it's this hot. It gets up to 77
degrees in my room (sometimes higher), and then I worry about all my
digital media. The floppies and optical disks. And then how I'm supposed
to sleep at night when I'm likely going to be all sweaty. I hate that.

So the air conditioner and big fan are put to their uses again, cooling
and blowing the air into my room. This is usually quite effective. I'll
feel the difference pretty soon.

Mom will want her air conditioner in her window soon. I'll try to get it
in soon, once I am not wracked with all over pain from exerting myself.
I managed to mow the back yard and then had to rest until after sundown,
during which I drank fluids and actually fell asleep for a short nap. I
might be out of shape. (sigh)

No comments: