Ok, so tonight, just as she's getting ready for bed, she's sitting there
and noticing (and bitching about) water in her hose to the breathing
machine. I'm like OK, let's see this, and as I approach where she's
sitting, one of my feet (I don't even remember which part or which foot)
bumps the hideous toenail on her right foot. This causes it to rip loose
from the top skin of her big toe. This is of course painful, but instead
of mom saying ouch or something, she starts this godawful and annoying
crying. That doesn't help me, it just pisses me off.
So a frantic search for the medical supplies left after her stitches
episode, and I finally freaking find them. She tells me to try clipping
the rest of the nail off - impossible, and painful since it's still
hanging on by a piece of skin, and I clearly lack the necessary tool to
clip something like that in the manner required in this situation.
I've told her time and again to tell her damn doctor about those
toenails and get someone to cut them off, remove them, whatever it
takes. Now I think it's going to get taken care of. Never mind if the
doctor in town she sees doesn't do that, he could at least give her a
referral or SOMETHING.
I find some gauze, and wrap around the toenail and slightly detached
hideous nail, since it's dripping blood.
Then I see why there's water in her hose to the breathing machine. She
overfilled the damn thing.
Which means dumping it out, rinsing and cleaning it, and rinsing it
again.
She had better get that toenail (and the other one) taken care of soon
because I am NOT wrapping that forever.
This is my rant.
No comments:
Post a Comment