So anywho, when I saw this bit in the local paper (there's the Kimono as Art exhibit going on ya know) about today's presentation at the cultural center for the arts nearby, I was interested. I wanted to see this presentation mainly because I was interested and see if who they got to do this "got it right" so to speak. What I didn't know was that they charge to park there. It wasn't done in any obvious way. Oh no. As you can see, there was just this car sitting there, and someone got out to collect my money. Are you serious?
So I arrived there just after 1 pm. No indication there was to be this presentation. There was the other bits like sushi demonstration and some other food thing I think they were charging for. I can make my own sushi that's good enough for me. I wanted to see what they were going to do for that thing about anime and manga. When non-fans aka non-otaku types start talking about anime and or manga like they think they know about it, I get really irritated. They often give the wrong impression about what is a harmless and entertaining hobby.
There were no signs to indicate this presentation was going to take place. I had only my newspaper blurb to go on. There was nothing obvious set up to indicate where this might be. There wasn't much else interesting, other than really mundane examples of impressions of Japan as foisted on the general public who otherwise have no knowledge about Japan like pop culture as seen in anime, manga or J-Dramas. Was this presentation late? Everything else as listed was on time, well except for the pianist who was to be there at 1 pm as well. There was a piano there with its cover on. I don't know what significance a "peace tile" has, but there were people making them for some reason. The student made art really didn't grab me as anything spectacular.
Here's a short video I shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment