went in there to get V.5 last month or so only to suddenly see all their
Limited Edition boxes gone (presumably sold), and found out thanks to a
store employee that the local BB store wasn't going to carry Lucky Star
#6.
So instead, which I think I shouldn't have done, was to zero out the
gift card I got buy using it as a $1.69 coupon off a stack of Memorex
"Cool Colors" blank CDs. Only this time they mean the data side being
colored in also. Umm... What? Last time I bought a Cool Colors stack,
only 1 side was colored. I don't like those stacks because the black CDs
aren't easy to write on unless you have a silver Sharpie. I don't have a
silver sharpie, only black and maybe 1 Red Sharpie, but it has the same
visibility problems that a black sharpie has on a black Memorex Cool
Color CD.
"You press a black button with letters in black on a black background
where a black light lights up black to let you know you've pressed it."
HHGTTG inspired quote
Instead I should have held onto the gift card and bought a stack of HP
blank CD media at Big Lots for $9. But at this point I figured it was
pointless to go back to Best Buy since that store wasn't going to have
more Lucky Star, an anime that has been easily outselling most of their
other titles.
There was another 50 disk stack of Memorex media that wasn't Cool Colors
but for some odd reason it was $20.
I needed some good media anyway (maybe someday I'll find Verbatim media
at good price because they're supposed to be pretty darn good) because
one stack of Aldi's now discontinued $5 25-disk blank CD media turned
out to have problems. It's easy to tell apart from the other Tevion
stack that is working because the bad stack has different packaging and
has a number of sorts pressed into the center ring of the plastic. So
those will be test or audio CDs because when I'm burning through them,
it won't be so important like computer data is. When I heard the burner
dance across a disk at 32x without problems or slowing down, I know it
has a good chance to be a good working disk.
Anywho, instead of buying Lucky Star #6 at BB, I went to Borders
(there's a 2nd Suzumiya Haruhi manga book out that I didn't have - Did I
miss ordering it?) and they didn't have LS #6 either. Actually, their
selection of anime sucks and it's over priced. Went to BB&B-yond for a
french fry slicer, then got the foodstuffs Mom wanted.
Wow. All 3 of those stores' names begin with B. Odd.
I think it will be awhile before I go nuts over a recently-released
anime. I have a few Funimation series to complete after raiding Big Lots
(ARGH!! !! Another B Store!) for a bunch of anime DVDs there.
Bewildered.
Can I rant time now?
What is it with people and not pulling up to the white strip on the
pavement that shows where people are to stop when driving and at a red
light? Some people don't stop in the right place and then sit there for
freaking forever wondering why the light isn't changing. Usually they're
leaving open a precious half car-length of space that should be taken
up. It drives me absolutely f-ing nuts. PULL UP YOU SIMPLETON ASS!! I've
also seen people stop _before_ the detector loop on the pavement! I
waited for one couple for over 5 minutes on a light that usually changes
with 30 seconds of stopping in the right spot. They eventually just got
fed up, pulled up, and ended up driving through a red light - only
because they didn't stop at the right spot, and that's usually (always!)
the white strip where they show you this is the best place to wait,
don't take up more space than necessary. Damn.
People are a problem.
1 comment:
And then there are the people who are just the opposite:
They don't stop short, they stop completely blocking the pedestrian crossing.
Bruce
.
Post a Comment