Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Trying to get ahold of that guy

It's been a week since I got that letter about SSI (as well as the phone
call) and I still haven't been able to get him on the extension nor has
he returned my call. I've left 4 messages none returned.

I may have to physically appear at the office which I don't want to have
to do.


What's it mean for me to have Aspergers. I think I should look at that.
The job I had at the restaurant was because I was the right person at
the right time. It had nothing to do with experience or skills, they
just needed a warm body. I was there for 10.5 years and I had the same
schedule and the same days. I got no benefits like a paid vacation, so
taking time off for Anime North was actually painful in that I wouldn't
get paid for it, and they pretty much came up with excuses why they
wouldn't offer paid vacations to any of their hourly employees. I kept a
blog (before there were blogs) of annoying and stupid customers which I
shared among my friends. It was our private joke and my way to blow off
the frustration in a job which the general public affected how much work
I had to do. By the time the corporate people found it, I was beginning
to burn out at the job anyway. I had not promoted the page, nor did
anyone get mentioned by name, but there was no negotiation. They
couldn't have gotten rid of me for quality of work, so they used
whatever they wanted and they could - it was not a union shop.

Giant Eagle in Louisville, OH run by J&J Foods, and by Rick Seigal, was
even worse. I took whatever just to get my foot in the door with hopeful
quick transfer back to hot foods. But that never happened. I was around
the general public. Rick claimed he had "issues" with me but was never
willing to come directly to me to see if they could be resolved.
Register training was batted about but I kept getting lies why I wasn't
given the opportunity right away. Eventually I did get it, and showed
them why I should have gotten it sooner, but still got denied in a
transfer back to the kitchen. Eventually when some little unusual thing
I did came along, they concocted a story and used lies again (they lied
to me and they lied to the state unemployment compensation people) to
fire me. They brought no evidence, the people who called it what they
did were not even direct witnesses to the incident, which is
frustrating. I was there, everyone else who called it what they did was
not.

I had problem dealing with the general public and in turn people I found
distasteful, disgusting, annoying, and stupid. People I did not want to
be around or have to deal with. I fail to understand why they didn't get
someone like me away from the general public and into a position like
hot foods where I would NOT be around customers. I have 10.5 years
experience in that regard. I was denied a transfer when they moved one
girl out of there to the front end, claiming there was no position open.
Wait a minute - you just created an opening moving a girl out of there,
why can't I get that opening? LIES, you see. When Management doesn't
like you, you get crapped on.

Rick Seigal is an uncaring asshole. He fears people smarter than him.

So the last 2 jobs I lost because of Aspergers - people find excuses
unrelated to the quality of my work to get rid of me. I also have
problems finding work and getting past the interview which I hate doing.
I got a job with the Soil Conservation Service mainly because I was able
to demonstrate what they wanted done and there was no interview. What do
you want done? Here's how I would do it and presto I got the job when I
could demonstrate exactly that I understood what they wanted and they
saw I could do it. I have never had an interview like that since and
those kinds of interviews are rare. Let me show you what I can do before
you trash my application or resume.

anywho, I cannot fight the unemployment compensation people because I
lack the resources and haven't been able to find a lawyer to pro bono my
case. pRick won against an unarmed opponent. I also don't have the money
to "pay back" compensation I originally won, but then got screwed out
of. I don't know how that jerk can sleep at night.

No comments: