I spoke to an attorney today about my appealing the unemployment compensation review commission's reversal of allowing benefits. While I won't be going with them in seeking to file this appeal, things the nice lady I spoke said these things:
This Case Is Winnable. She actually said after reading over the 2 documents where I won and then got it reversed - this is the kind of case they salivate over because in her words "you got screwed." Yet another professional person who agrees with what happened!!! She would have loved to take on those jerks at J&J Foods dba Giant Seigal. But then she went on talking about if it made sense to spend money to not have to pay back $3K. Since I don't really have the money, she wouldn't have felt good about taking my money and winning this case. This is the kind of thing that I would need an attorney to file and fight it.
However, she also said that I own no property and I don't have a job. I am what she called "Uncollectable." I could choose to not pay it back right away, but then there's this thing sitting around with the state collecting interest. I could arrange to make payments of whatever it is I could pay. They also can't get any disability or Social Security - it would be up to me to make sure they got their money.
So I will be calling the pro bono attorney they told me about and see if I can still consider pursuing this administrative appeal.
On another FREAKING GOOD NOTE - I WON MY DISABILITY AWARD!!!
OMG!! I can't believe it!! Spring has sprung!! I need to call the guy back to find out what else they need to know. I will be fretting over what the heck they want before they can finish processing it.
I may end up being able to pay off the Unemployment people and Dr. Z at the same time, and walk away from all that crap and end up out of debt in a few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment