Monday, April 06, 2026

I needed some comfort, so I made mac & cheese

After the month of March I had, I needed some comfort, and with 2 bricks of cheese & free macaroni, with the 2 cans of evaporated milk I got on Friday, I was going to get some! Whipped it up under 30 minutes thanks to the miracle of parallel processing - letting the macaroni cook slowly in a small pot while I got the roux, milk, and cheese going in the Dutch oven. When I heard the milk & roux start plopping, that was the sign to get the shredded pepper jack into the pot, turn off all the burners, drain the macaroni, and get that cheese melted in. Add 1/2 of the macaroni, stir to combine & coat, get the remaining macaroni in, and combine. Not much while hot or warm - this comes into its own when cold. Yum. 

No comments: