Friday, April 24, 2026

The orange didn't go to waste

I was looking forward to supper tonight because I was finally going to make that Sweet & Sour Orange sauce, deep fry the boneless breaded chicken tenderloin meal I got for free, and then decided to cut up 3 potatoes I've had languishing in my fridge for months into fries & deep fry that, too. The free meal even had some cauliflower & pear cubes for a fruit. At least this time the fruit didn't get microwaved.

The Orange Sauce came together easily & quickly - and the free orange didn't go to waste. The recipe needed the juice & zest of 1 orange (about 1/2 cup) which is what I had. I figure if the breaded chicken wasn't Orange Chicken, at least the sauce would be! AND IT TURNED OUT SO GOOOD! I let this meal thaw out in the fridge overnight, and fried up crispy in only a few minutes. And stayed crispy even after getting the sauce all over it. And what's neat is I even put the cauliflower in the sauce... and the french fries went in the same sauce pan (left over sauce), got coated in whatever was left, and it mixed well with the ketchup I had! Orange sauce & ketchup? It tasted darn good!

Smelled nice in here after baking bread... had a bit of a failure with that, and after having my deep fryer on, still smells nice in here. Good thing I'm not hungry now.

No comments: