After the weekend I had, sadly, I had to dump the last serving of Arroz con Gandules from my Dutch oven which I hadn't washed since my last use of it to boil red kidney beans before I used them in a crock pot recipe... I'm not exactly sure what caused 3 weeks of kidney stone suffering suddenly, and while looking over my diary of weight, sleep, & last night's supper doesn't reveal any link, I decided to just wipe it clean & just have a sad food pantry bagged version of Tuna Helper tonight. Added 3/4 diced onion sauteed in canola, added 113 grams of sliced rinsed mushrooms, and later a can of no salt peas. Reserved the tuna juice & peas water for a dashi along with whatever the directions said to do. When it finally congeals overnight, a bit of Duke's mayo might make for a decent sammich. Sprinkled some grated Parmesan & a little Adobo to give it moral support. Even used a clean skillet! The other skillet (I have like 3 - with 1 good one I paid $20 for and is like a wok) has meat grease I want to use for fried rice. Topped off the evening with a cold A&W.
No comments:
Post a Comment