After taking out my trash around noon (and glad I did it then), I came back to wait for my pinto beans to finish their 3 hours on high in the crock pot for another round of Pinto Bean Crock Pot Chili. So after 3:30, I turned it off & got the rest of the ingredients ready - browning the 1 lb of ground turkey, chopped onions & celery (as green peppers were too expensive), adding minced garlic, crunchy chili garlic sauce, and the rest of the spices. Plus it finally gave me the chance to finally use up the 8 ounces of mushrooms I bought back on the 3rd! They were fine, needed rinsed & sliced. Once I got everything in, the green crock was full.
Got to taste the residue from the crank chopper to break up the browned ground turkey which is where & when I add the dry spices. That gave me an idea of how it's going to taste when done. Fat spreads flavor! I had some burger grease in the skillet when I browned the turkey. 3 - 4 more hours on low & it already smells good in here!
No comments:
Post a Comment