Sunday, April 12, 2026

Addenda from Friday

Additional notes from Friday's shopping:

    It was cheaper to buy a bundle of celery ($1.94) than it was to buy 2 green peppers ($1.27 EACH). That thing of Ralphie May and $97 salads was prescient. Salad dressing? I remember in 2019 when Walmart bottles of blue cheese were under a buck. Today it's $2.32. What the flipping hell happened? I could go to Dollar General for $1.50 bottles but I don't have the stamina to run around anymore. 1 store & done. I might shop at Aldi more but I don't get their ads in the mail anymore. Meijer doesn't seem to send out ads either.

 
    I verified the $10 packs of Friskies canned food & I really should have gotten 1 plus another pouch of treats Poofball likes but the aisle was busy & I wanted to avoid that much activity. I didn't even check out the toy area nor buy any snack chips. The only thing special I got was the 1 pound Reese's bunny because it was half off & I was looking for marked down Easter candy. They had so much unsold Peeps & plastic eggs & basket "grass." Might as well take it out back & torch it. Heh.

Friday night's supper was French bread pizza as has been my tradition to buy a $1 loaf from the bakery extras cart & make it with that. Saturday was more Crock Pot Lentils. Sunday I'm still sleepy & tired. Serviced the cat pan already, now have a letter to print & an envelope to mail. Got some physical stuff & floor mopping to do for the next week or so. Bought a new mop on Rent Day.

No comments: