First time shopping for groceries & using the cheap ass Anthem Blue whatever food card. I wanted to know what it was going to pay for, but I selected "healthy" foods anyway, or what I thought would be considered as such. It's cheap ass because it doesn't provide $25 every month, but instead is loaded with only $150 for 12 months. United's card was DOUBLE that.
My list: 1 gallon 1% milk, 3 loaves honey wheat bread, large jar of natural peanut butter, bag of shredded queso cheese, and 1 bag of spicy frozen breakfast sausage patties.
THE CARD REFUSED TO PAY FOR THE MEAT. I don't have a list of what it will or won't pay for, BUT EVEN THE UNITED FOOD CARD PAID FOR MEAT. United card did not pay for carbonated pop, cookies, snacks, pre-made desserts, or candy, and I expect this Anthem card will act the same, but not paying for frozen meat? I will try again with fresh packed meat next month and see what it does. Then I will have to see if I can get a list of stuff of what their program considers "healthy." Likely stuff such as produce. THEY'D BETTER NOT BE TRYING TO FORCE A VEGETARIAN AGENDA. I will NOT have it.
UPDATE: I found out the meat it wouldn't pay for was considered Processed & Frozen. If I had picked up fresh packed meat, then it would have paid for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment