Thursday, November 22, 2012

Black Friday deals I see so far

Well, once again I'm having to deal with car problems in November, but if I didn't have to worry about that, I'd be out and about going after these deals, which if I'm lucky, maybe the people I know will get some of these for me...

OFFICEMAX - 100 stack of VERBATIM +R DVD media - $19.99 per stack. I'm always needing Verbatim Media. If it's the Life Series, all the better.  If I was going out, I'd buy 2 stacks since Officemax just keeps raising the price on Verbatim media for no reason. I'll see if it's available online from them with free shipping...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(looks and comes back) OK NEVER MIND. Looks like the ad price is available online and with orders over $20, SHIPPING IS FREE. But if you still want to give me a 50 disk DVD+R Verbatim stack, I'm not going to stop you!

You might be wondering why I specify +R media. It's due to compatibility. -R media isn't guaranteed, while I've never had a problem with Verbatim +R. And why Verbatim? I've had consistently good results, and the only thing that would cause a bad burn would be scratches during manufacturing.

Moving on.... 

FLASH aka THUMB DRIVES. There are LOTS OF DEALS abounding almost everywhere!!

BIG LOTS has KODAK brand 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drives for $5.88
WalMart has a SANDISK 16GB for $6.97 and is one of the brands I actually recommend.

OFFICEMAX will not be outdone as they have several offerings.
Though I recommend LEXAR devices along with SanDisk.

PNY and Dane Elec are two to completely AVOID. I bought a PNY memory card for Mom's Kodak camera and it died after only a couple of months of use!

If you don't own a few external storage devices and you use computers for lots of things, SHAME ON YOU. Burn CDs at least!!!

I did see one deal for an external USB 3.0 hard drive. I didn't look at the details much.

I do need another flat screen monitor though. I wish I had bought 2 of the Acer monitors a few years back when I had a chance, instead of the 1 I did get.

I see not too many places still offering Winx Club dolls. I guess that was a summer flash in the pan thing? However, if I could just find the Monster High werecat twins... 

Of course, aside from my car working like it's supposed to again, a trip to Japan is always high on my list. Mainly because the one thing I really want is one thing I can't get.

No comments: