Sunday, November 20, 2011

I had to look it up

Somewhere I remember writing down what Mom and I usually had on Thanksgiving for the big meal. For some reason, I had to look up to remind myself what all I wanted to get. As it turns out, I had most of it covered or at least got it in order. The last part was the corn casserole. I totally forgot what it was, and online I found people mentioning a Scalloped Creamed Corn Casserole. I looked at one of the recipes and decided that it was the one I made some time ago.

I should have been taking notes all those years at my grandparents' house. My mom's mom made really good food, and lots of it. Somewhere I have her recipe cards and I should do something with them. They were tucked away in a kitchen drawer when I found them. The one thing I won't have is her right there telling me what she didn't write down on those cards.

It's still pretty hard having Thanksgiving and not having much to be thankful for.

No comments: