Sunday, November 21, 2010

Still not fixed, but at least got some shopping done

I spent the first half of Saturday depressed and mad. When it comes to
taking a look at things, I say no time like the present. However, I have
severe anxiety over the cost of fixing the brakes. I still don't know
what the problem is. At least someone's coming out today to try to find
the problem. Even in spite of my dad trying to "encourage" me to go do
something with the car, I feel it's best to let someone know what they
are doing take a look. I tried to look but I don't know what the hell
I'm looking for and I don't want to make things worse.

So anyway, my older sister at least offers to take me around to do what
I was hoping to do on Thursday. I was also hoping to see the latest
Harry Potter movie on the opening weekend, at least try to see one of
those while it's in the theaters because my mom didn't get to do that.

A stop at Big Lots spotted English Leather cologne, and I got on the
company's website to beg for them to bring back English Leather Lime.

Griz won't be taken to a vet until Monday. He's just so weak and sad
that it's sad to deal with him. I'd consider adopting an older cat just
to have an "old man" around, but I don't know if Marmalade would take to
a new cat as well as he did with Griz, or if he would do badly as Negi
did with his first impression (Negi went after Marmalade because Marm
looked like a small orange cat from outside that Negi also attacked).
Older cats don't get adopted very often from the animal shelters.
Usually they'd might do best with a no previous cats house and / or with
older people. I just feel it not right without a full complement of 3
cats around here - 1 young (Negi), one not quite as young (Marmalade),
and 1 old (Grizz). Another problem with an older cat is that its habits
are set. I don't want another cat that will pee where it likes or be
picky about food. There could be diseases I don't want mine to get.
Perhaps it's time for a female cat. I'm sure my 2 boys would LOVE that
even if they are shooting blanks.

We had 3 cats for some time back in town. Dottie was the old cat,
Tabbytha was the middle cat, and Tink was the young cat. Also all 3
being female, they got along.

Soon it will be Marmalade being the older cat over Negi, and they don't
get along. Griz and Marmalade are friends and I don't know how this will
be handled among cats. I imagine they grieve.

There is some place I need to be this week (on Tuesday) and I wouldn't
mind finding out if any place is offering cheap LCD monitors like last
year on Black Friday. You just never know. I liked being able to shop
and have it done and back before 9 AM and avoid the stores with
overwhelming crowds.

Even if I did end up buying Susan Boyle's debut CD and played it while
sobbing.

No comments: