Sunday, November 21, 2010

I thought I had that fixed

My bro in law came by to look at the Kia, and he says it's something he
can fix, but he can't do it until Friday.

It's another brake line leak. The main line that supplies the rear
brakes. I thought I had that worked on earlier this year. Oy vay. Why
don't they powder coat the parts for brake lines? I thought they rust
proofed cars. He tells me he can buy a standard length of the tubing
used for brake lines and replace it, carefully bending it to route it
where it needs to go.

Thing is, I have other corrosing / rusting to be concerned about as
well. I say find some Rustoleum spray paint and put that on there. I
remember there being a product that treated rust spots.

I really hate sub-standard workmanship. If it were up to me, I'd have
all exposed and subject to exposure metal surfaces powder-coated or at
least a decent paint job.

Titanium. That's got to be the secret.


Griz goes to the vet tomorrow. He's so weak. It's sad. He outlived my
grandfather by about 6 years, and my mom by 1.

No comments: