to undertake 1 of 2 CompTIA tests for CompTIA A+ certification. I know
my weak areas include networking, some amount of managing user accounts,
and laser printers. It's just some stuff I've never done anything with.
Most everything else I know, even if the specifics about what a
connector is called or the specific name of a standard of something are
just picayune stuff. I hope I do well enough and not have to waste more
time and money getting another try.
I had tried for an early afternoon time at a spot closer by, but for
some reason they're suddenly not holding CompTIA tests anymore. So why
the heck was I allowed to book a test there? It's closer by, less stress
getting to it, and the days and times were so convenient since they had
more spots open on more days.
PC Engine emulators actually do work once you have the right system card
ROMs for use with the emulator. In fact, it was the first time I got
Mednafen to run and actually do something. But it's processor-heavy and
games do not run smoothly since the motherboard I have isn't beefy
enough. (The included docs to get it to run aren't very clear or helpful
either. I found one page that told me more about Mednafen as a PC Engine
emulator than the help files that came with it! Things you need to know
that they don't tell you.) I found another emulator that once I had the
right system card ROM in place, it ran one Ranma 1/2 game just fine. In
fact, one set of files for another Ranma 1/2 game got correctly written
out to CD thanks to Daemon Tools and on CD duplicator software I had on
hand. Read from the emulated disk to an ISO and CUE files, then got
burned from those files to an actual CD, and the game worked in the
emulator from that CD.
It was a bunch of hoops to jump. First, the audio tracks had been
converted to MP3, so they needed to be 16-bit stereo 44.1Khz WAVs. Edit
the cue sheet to reflect the right filenames, and Daemon Tools Lite did
its job. I uninstalled it since I don't like virtual devices like Daemon
Tools, and since I don't intend to use it much, it made sense to me to
remove it.
The problem I ran into first was that InfraRecorder doesn't seem to want
to pad out a WAVE file so its length is some multiple of bytes for a
complete CD audio track, sector-wise. Daemon Tools did that for me.
I may have to see what cheats I can find for these Ranma 1/2 games that
work in the emulators, like turn off some parts of collision detection
or infinite health, infinite lives, or something.
I'm also looking to find another Sega Genesis Sega Mega CD emulator. The
one I have now doesn't seem to be able to find the ASPI layer to boot
CDs, and I have one installed.
No comments:
Post a Comment