Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lucky Star OVA DVD

Oh man, I don't know. Bandai looks like they're getting ready to get out
of the U.S. anime DVD market or just really trying to cut corners or
save money. Special Edition release for Lucky Star v.6 was cancelled so
that just the DVD was released, and now the OVA DVD is Sub Only. The
menus are sparse - no animation or music. It's like bare bones
everything. Kyon must have done this during an all-nighter. A stark
difference between this and the TV series DVDs which are very nice.

At the end of the main part, there's a frame before it ends that shows
they could have put on Japanese TV commercials as extras but they
didn't. What is nice is the end part with the Live Action Lucky Channel
is shot on video, also included as a no-credit extra but with subs. I
can now delete the video file I grabbed to preview the OVA, since I've
heard the audio goes out of sync and isn't subbed at that point.

I could have ordered it from Right Stuf at a slightly lower price, only
to have shipping compensate for Best Buy's price. So in the end, it
evens out.

I enjoyed the OVA, good to see more Misao!

I've been ordering the Lucky Star manga from Bandai, so hopefully
Diamond will ship V.2 and future books when / should it be published.

No comments: