the past few weeks, you missed a great finale tonight.
The most important thing I should stress is how they introduced Japanese
culture to "fish out of water" US citizens while in Japan. I wish they
had given these contestants some off-time to go out and see the Real
Japan, like the restaurants and shopping at Akiba between competitions.
I taped the 2 hour finale tonight. How do people sign up for these
things? If they do this again (and have it Japan again), I'd LOVE to try
getting on it. I have a passport already! I even know some Japanese. ^.^
From what I can tell, though, the game show they used as the backdrop
for this ABC series is fictional - it doesn't really exist in Japan. It
IS typical of the sort of things they would do though!
I wish it would get repeated, because I would / should have taped it. We
may never see it again - it might never be offered on DVD. For an anime
and manga / Japanese culture fan such as myself, I was completely
entertained by this show. Kudos to ABC for the thinking that went into
presenting it.
I liked the first elimination challenge they had the final four do - go
out onto the streets near Toho Studios and complete 5 tasks with people
they run into. ^_^
I might have cringed severely at the thought of having to do that.
Though it would be nice to make more Japanese friends! I'm still hoping
the woman I marry will be from Japan.
No comments:
Post a Comment