Saturday, August 30, 2008

How do you get rid of these guys?

For some time now, I don't know how my mom got on these creeps' mailing
list, but from time to time we get these stupid "BETUS period COM" booklets or
somesuch about sports betting.

We're not people who bet on sports.

We're not about to begin.

The people who make and mail out this crap don't exactly make it easy to
get them contacted by mail and get them to stop. I found a feedback form
on the site. I can only hope this note (edited) got through.

Oh yeah, I tried a Whois lookup. I got some addresses in California and
Panama, the country. What the fedge?

To wit:

TO WHOM THIS WILL CONCERN:

STOP SENDING YOUR LITERATURE TO THE FOLLOWING NAME AND ADDRESS. WE ARE
NOT AMUSED, WE ARE NOT INTERESTED. STOP WASTING YOUR TIME. IF YOU DO
NOT, WE WILL BE FORCED TO FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE, WHERE YOU ARE AND MAKE
SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO SAY.

REMOVE ME!
MAILED FROM MECHANICSBURG, PA PERMIT NUMBER 63

[address info deleted]

SINCE YOU DON'T SEEM TO PUT A MAILING ADDRESS IN YOUR LITERATURE AND
HAVE MADE IT HARD TO FIND ON YOUR SITE, WE CAN ONLY ASSUME YOU ARE
CONDUCTING ILLEGAL BETTING.

WE ARE NOT INTERESTED, HAVE NEVER BEEN INTERESTED, AND DON'T KNOW WHY OR
HOW YOU GOT THE IDEA ANYONE AT THIS ADDRESS WAS INTERESTED.

I'M ASKING NICELY NOW. I WON'T BE NICE IN THE FUTURE AND YOU SURE DON'T
WANT ME TO HIRE A LAWYER TO SUE FOR HARASSMENT WHEN I'VE ASKED NICELY TO
STOP BOTHERING US WITH MAIL WE JUST THROW AWAY.

A NICE POSTCARD ACKNOWLEDGING THE PERMANENT REMOVAL WOULD BE A NICE
GESTURE. GOOD DAY.


You think they'll listen? Do I have to go through the post office and
have them contact the post office in Pennsylvania to look up the permit
number to find out who the hell is mailing this crap out? Sounds like a
place to start.

No comments: