Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sometimes life is sweet

Today while doing some errands, I ran into one of the people I used to
work with while at the restaurant. She was one of the few I miss working
with because she is nice.

I found out my former boss from there retired.

I'll bet he felt lucky he didn't get fired because of my webpage about
stupid customers. I might have brought that back by now. Heh. I never
really deleted it; if anything I just set to non-public. I can do that
to pages on WebTV without deleting them.

I would just like more of the story behind how corporate YUM found my
page, who that was, and how that communication filtered down. I never
promoted that page except among my friends and it was my personal way to
blow off steam from a job I was burning out doing. It was done on my own
time using my own resources. I feel it was just an excuse they wanted to
use and could because of it being non-union for a reason why I shouldn't
work there anymore. Then they had the nerve to violate my privacy and
start going through my blog. I have a disclaimer on it about that now.

William Gibson, may you rest and wonder.

Funny how he's got the same name as the famous author.

A shame I never learned of Gordon Ramsey until long after I departed
that place.

No comments: